- I deeply wish I could travel more.
- Photography is my favorite hobby.
- I love getting to take a nap on the weekends.
- I have climbed to the top of Mt. Kilimanjaro (19,330 ft), Wheeler Peak in New Mexico (13,161), Mt. Hood (11,249 ft), Mt. Eleanor (5,944 ft), and Mt. Si (4,167 ft).
- I hope to one day get to take my family to visit Africa.
- I love being outside but so often have a hard time of leaving the comfort of my chair inside.
- I have an abnormal fear of spiders.
- I have flown over the North Pole twice.
- New Mexico is my favorite state.
- I have seen the northern lights twice from Washington State.
- I met my wife in Paris.
- I have a scar bellow my lower lip where as a baby my tooth pierced my skin when had a major wreck on one of those now outlawed baby walkers with wheels.
- I once taught a basic riflery course.
- I have a photograph I took hanging on a wall at the Council of Graduate Schools in Washington DC.
- I recently fell in love with chewing gum.
- I am the proud father of 2 beautiful daughters.
- I once spent a summer in the Texas panhandle mending barb wire fences and "working the cattle".
- My favorite beer is Pabst.
- I once ran around a track twice with no shirt on, when it was -20 F while in Moscow Russia.
- My fondest food memory was from a back alley restaurant in Lisbon, Portugal.
- I once spent a summer working in a fish processing plan.
- My first cassette tape was The Police - Synchronicity.
- I absolutely love traveling by train.
- I once drove 900 miles to get to a Grateful Dead concert, and then didn't even see the concert.
- I have ridden my bike the 200 miles from Seattle, Washington to Portland Oregon on at least 3 occasions.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
My 25 List
I'm a little behind in this but here is my list of 25 things about me that you might not know, or might find interesting, might not care about at all.